As 70% of the world population is projected to live in urban areas by 2050, cities will increasingly become points of convergence between sustainability issues and opportunities to solve them. In order to tap into these opportunities, there is a pressing need of collaboration between business and city stakeholders to find innovative and effective solutions to urban challenges.
To address the urgent challenges and opportunities of sustainable urban development from 2015 to 2030, the ‘urban’ SDG has come to place: to make cities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
Sustainable cities are:
- Resource-efficient and productive
- Happy, healthy and inclusive
- With a sustainable local economy and public procurement
- And with a sustainable city-region cooperation
- Smart City Model
- Melbourne Principles
- Global Compact Cities Programme
- CSR Europe Campaing: Sustainable Living in Cities