SDG Masterclass (EN and NL)
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development is a globally accepted policy text that calls for sustainable action in 17 areas, known as the SDGs. Commitment by more than 190 countries highlights the growing relevance of sustainability in all aspects of our lives. The principles of universality, connectedness and development cooperation are crucial in creating a sustainability framework for all actors in society, including your organisation. This SDG Masterclass offers your organisation the opportunity to contribute to this global commitment and develop an effective SDG action plan tailored to its needs.
DURING THE SDG MASTERCLASS YOU LEARN TO:
- Reframe the content of the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development (focusing on the 5 Ps and the 17 SDGs) as a sustainability framework tailored for your organisation
- Apply the principles of social responsibility to your organisation
- Set up a SDG action plan and integrate sustainable development into your strategy
- Understand the link between sustainable development, peace (dealing with conflict) and human rights as well as the link between sustainable development and ethics and good governance policies
- Adopt a holistic view of sustainability using the SDG wheel
- Solve the business case of the SDGs and recognise the resulting opportunities
HOW DOES THE SDG MASTERCLASS WORK?
The training sessions will be moderated by Peter Wollaert and Marijke Janssens, respectively General Director and Project Manager of CIFAL Flanders. Depending on the session’s topic, an external speaker with expertise in this field will join. The experts will be announced later.
As a common thread throughout the SDG Masterclass, we will use the CIFAL’s ‘Action Learning Methodology‘ and the associated 6 working fields that were set up in collaboration with UNITAR. Thereby, the SDG Training Manual is used as a roadmap for implementation. The SDG Wheel -and the related exercises- will be used as a critical SDG assessment tool to strengthen your organisation’s sustainability strategy.
In addition, your organisation will be used as a case study throughout the training sessions. After each session, participants will be asked to prepare ‘homework’.
Participants will receive an official ‘UNITAR Training Certificate for Participation’ at the end of all sessions.
WHERE AND WHEN DOES THE SDG MASTERCLASS TAKE PLACE?
We have currently one Dutch SDG Masterclass planned, starting from March 9. The English SDG Masterclass starts on April 25. Take a look at our training agenda for the full calendar.
COVID-19: When organising our training courses, we always take into account the measures in force. If these measures prohibit or discourage physical meetings, we will switch to online meetings.
Please note that only a limited number of places are available in the SDG Masterclass to maximise the interactivity of the training sessions.