This is the second step of the trajectory to become SDG-proof. The SDG Champion strives for true transition and its sustainability policy contributes to the systemic change needed to fulfil the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. The completion of the SDG Champion phase usually requires 2 to 3 years.
Some of the learning objectives for SDG Champions:
- understanding the concept of strong sustainability and transition;
- understanding the concept of sustainable business models (circular economy);
- exploring science-based tools and methodologies to identify impact areas across the sphere of influence;
- stakeholder mapping, ranking and engagement.
Some deliverables expected from SDG Champions:
- an impact assessment across the sphere of influence;
- a code of conduct;
- a pilot project that drives a transition;
- an annual report that integrates the 5Ps of sustainable development.