- This event has passed.
SDG City Hall Talk #1: Antwerp – Localising the UN Sustainable Development Goals
01-02-2016, 16:30 —18:30
What are the SDGs and why are they important for governments, local authorities, organisations and companies?
CIFAL Flanders and the City of Antwerp welcome you on February 1st 2016 from 16h till 18h30, in the City Hall of Antwerp, for a UN City Hall Talk on Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. Join and learn about the 17 Sustainable Development Goals, with insights of the City of Antwerp.
TIME & VENUE: 16h00-18h30, The Leys Hall of Antwerp City Hall – Grote Markt 1, 2000 Antwerp
ENTRANCE: through the main doors of Antwerp City Hall
16:30 SDG City Hall Talk
- Ludo Van Campenhout, Vice Mayor City of Antwerp
- Introduction to CIFAL Flanders
- Jan Beyne, Project Manager CIFAL Flanders
- Introduction on Agenda 2030 for sustainable development: the UN SDGs
- Peter Wollaert, Managing Director CIFAL Flanders & UNITAR Fellow
- The importance of the Sustainable Development Goals (2016-2030) for local governments
- Betty De Wachter, Department International, Vereniging van Vlaamse Steden en Gemeenten (VVSG)
- Localising sustainable development: Stadslab2050 in Antwerp
- Gert Vandermosten, Project Leader Stadslab2050
- How can smart technology strenghthen local sustainability policies?
- Davor Meersman, City of Things Lead, iMinds
- How can strategic sustainability policies of companies be linked to the Sustainable Development Goals?
- Eric de Deckere, Technical Manager Environment, Port of Antwerp
18:30 Network Drink
How to get to Antwerp City Hall
From Antwerp train station
From premetro station Diamant, take metro line 15 or 9 to Linkeroever. Depart at stop Groenplaats. From there walk around the Cathedral to the Grote Markt.
From stop Koningin Astridplein, take tram 10 or 11 to Melkmarkt and depart there. Walk through the Korte Nieuwstraat and take a right at the Korte Koepoortstraat. Next take a left at the Kaasrui and you reach the Grote Markt.
Paid parkings near Grote markt:
- Grote markt, Ernest Van Dijckkaai 3
- Scheldekaaien Noord, Jordaenskaai 27 hangar 22,23
- Scheldekaaien Zuid, Ernest Van Dijckkaai, hangar 20-21
- Brabo, Kammenstraat 2
- Groenplaats, Groenplaats
- Meir, Eiermarkt 33-35
Registration Action Learning Day Fair Trade 11 oktober 2017
CIFAL Flanders and UNITAR are stepping up its training initiative to help local and national governments and other stakeholders build capacity for the mainstreaming, implementation and review of the Agenda 2030 adopted by UN Member States in September 2015.
The new Goals and targets that will come into effect on 1 January 2016 and will guide the decisions of UN Member States over the next 15 years require all concerned to work together to realise the Agenda within countries and at the regional and global levels, all with different national realities and levels of capacity.