The 26th of August CIFAL Flanders organized its second Sustainable Fashion Tour in the Antwerp Fashion District.
In the morning session, participants were presented the principles of sustainability and corporate social responsibility, in general and in the fashion sector specifically.
In the afternoon participants were introduced to the Antwerp Fashion District with a field visit, and visited best practices such as Plan C, Think Twice and Today is a Good day.
The Action Learning was organized in collaboration with Antwerp Management School
Programme of the day
- Presentation by CIFAL Flanders: an introduction into sustainability
(presented by Peter Wollaert)
- Interactive Presentation by Wellmade: ‘Improving working conditions in your clothing supply chain’.
The presentation gave an overview of the complexity of a value chain in fashion, and how one decision in the design of a cloth can have an enormous impact on the labor conditions somewhere else in the value chain (presented by Vera Köppen).
- Presentation by Plan C: ‘New Business Models in Fashion’
Numerous new business models from around the world were presented. The new business models tackled issues like how to lower the impact of the production in fashion industry and how to reduce waste (presented by Veerle Spaepen).
- Presentation by JBC: Corporate Social Responsibility at JBC
How can a large company take responsibility to diminish unsafe working conditions? (presented by Griet Cattaert)
- Visit at the atelier of Katrien Van Hecke: an high fashion alternative to industrial coloring of clothes
- Visit at the shop Think Twice: How does a second-hand clothing shop operates around the world?
- Visit at the shop Today is a Good Day: This shop sells only sustainable clothing, and also offers an own sustainable brand
[epa-album id=”3390″ show_title=”false” display=”full”]