- Content: CIFAL Flanders’ session will talk about the challenges and opportunities of bridging the digital divide, in an inclusive, sustainable way and consists of 4 parts:
1. An inspirational introduction about the ‘Digital Divide’ in a glocalising world by Anne Sofie Van De Velde (Advisor Digital Agenda, Kabinet Philippe De Backer).
2. The presentation of four best practices that aim to bridge the digital divide both on a local and global scale by Didier Appels (Business Director, Close the Gap), Maïté Cluydts (Programme Coordinator, Hack Your Future), Adeline Brion (Belgium Programme Coordinator, Lie Detectors) and Julie Foulon (Founder Girleek).
3. A holistic SDG assessment of those initiatives through a multi-stakeholder brainstorming session, based on CIFAL Flanders’ Action Learning Methodology.
4. Concluding lessons-learned and recommendations for digital-divide projects to combat inequalities in an inclusive way and become SDG-proof.
Moderated by Peter Wollaert, Fellow UNITAR & Managing Director CIFAL Flanders.
- Learn more about the digital divide in all its encompassing aspects, gathering impactful best practices;
- Open the discussion of digitalisation as a human right;
- Identify answers through facilitated group-problem;
- Determine which SDGs play a significant role in bridging the digital divide, carrying out a critical SDG assessment of the best practices based on the Action Methodology of CIFAL Flanders and its SDG Wheel;
- Provide hands-on recommendations to improve the sustainable impact of their digital-divide projects, understanding the need for a holistic approach towards digital projects and thereby avoiding the creation of new inequalities.