How to build a 360° future-proof company or organisation supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (2016-2030)?
Learn about the 17 SDGs during a half day SDG Workshop and discover the challenges and best practices of companies in the Port of Antwerp by joining the afternoon SDG Bus Tour in the vast Antwerp port area.
WHEN & WHERE:
Thursday 18 February 2016
1. SDG Workshop (morning session 9h-13h): How to incorporate the 2030 Agenda in your company or organisation? Learn about the UN Sustainable Development Goals during an interactive SDG Workshop with colleagues from other companies and organisations.
- Learning Objectives:
- Introduction to the Post-2015 process and the origins of the 2030 agenda.
- From the MDGs to the 2030 agenda: a call for transformative action.
- Working together on the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Focus on the ‘Urban’ SDG 11 and SDG 17.
- Leveraging resources, working with partners to implement the 2030 agenda.
- Preparing for the integration of the SDGs into national plans and strategies.
Introduction on Agenda 2030 for sustainable development: the UN SDGs
Peter Wollaert, Managing Director CIFAL Flanders & UNITAR Fellow
Interactive exercise and Company Case: linking SDGs to your company or organisation strategy
Sustainable Development and the SDGs at the Port of Antwerp
Eric de Deckere, Technical Manager Environment Port of Antwerp
Marc Van Peel, Vice Mayor Antwerp; Chairman Port of Antwerp
2. SDG Bus Tour (afternoon session 13h-18h) : In collaboration with the Port of Antwerp, UNITAR, Indaver and Antwerp Port Tours , CIFAL Flanders developed a unique training to strategically strengthen sustainability in your company or organisation by means of a bus tour in the Antwerp port area.
Discover the 17 SDGs in the field of sustainable building, biodiversity, waste management, employment & sustainable HRM, mobility, green energy, health & safety, corporate citizenship, industrial symbiosis and many more during a bus tour in the port area.
During this tour, we will visit the Indaver site in Doel.
”Indaver is working on a circular economy. Corporate social responsibility is woven into the fabric of Indaver’s strategy and organisation”
– Jos Artois, Corporate Communication Manager –
A training for staff responsible for coordinating and strengthening sustainability in their company, (local) government, NGO, social profit organisation, trade union, university, and other institutions.
Explore the cutting-edge sustainable initiatives of one of the world’s largest ports, be inspired by experts and enjoy the sustainable wonders of the port digitally on your Ipad.