SDG Masterclass IV (EN) – Session 3
06-06-2023, 14:00 —17:00
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development is a globally accepted policy text that calls for sustainable action in 17 areas, known as the SDGs. Commitment by more than 190 countries highlights the growing relevance of sustainability in all aspects of our lives. The principles of universality, connectedness and development cooperation are crucial in creating a sustainability framework for all actors in society, including your organisation. This SDG Masterclass offers your organisation the opportunity to contribute to this global commitment and develop an effective SDG action plan tailored to its needs.
HOW DOES THE SDG MASTERCLASS WORK?
The training sessions will be moderated by Peter Wollaert and Marijke Janssens, respectively Managing Director and Project Manager of CIFAL Flanders. Depending on the session’s topic, an external speaker with expertise in the field will join the session. The experts will be announced at a later stage.
As a common thread throughout the SDG Masterclass, we will use the CIFAL’s ‘Action Learning Methodology‘ and the associated 6 working fields that were set up in collaboration with UNITAR. Thereby, the SDG Training Manual is used as a roadmap for implementation. The SDG Wheel -and the related exercises- will be used as a critical SDG assessment tool to strengthen your organisation’s sustainability strategy.
In addition, your organisation will be used as a case study throughout the training sessions. After each session, participants will be asked to prepare related ‘homework’.
Participants will receive an official ‘UNITAR Training Certificate for Participation’ at the end of all sessions.
DURING THE SDG MASTERCLASS YOU LEARN:
In session 1:
- To reflect on global challenges with local impact and to identify which ones are relevant to your own organisation
- To apply the concept of sustainability to your own organisation
- The basic principles of the 2030 Agenda, the 5 Ps and the 17 SDGs
- The added value of the SDGs as a ‘business case’
In session 2:
- To present your own organisation using the 5 Ps
- To determine the lead and core SDGs for your organisation
- To identify the blind spots of your organisation
- To link existing actions/initiatives/projects to the SDGs using the SDG Wheel (assessment tool)
- About the link between the SDGs and sustainability reporting (SDG communication) with an expert in the field.
In session 3:
- How to put transition management into practice
- To develop your SDG action plan
- To set SMART and AMORE objectives for your organisation’s lead and core SDGs
- Get acquainted with indicators and measurement tools for monitoring your SDG action plan
In session 4
- To make the link between the SDGs and human rights as well as the link between sustainability and (1) peace and security, (2) business ethics and (3) good governance policies
- How to address ethical entrepreneurship with an expert in the field
- To translate SDG 17 to your own organisation via experience exchanges.
- To make exercises on SDG 16 using the SDG Training Manual
WHERE AND WHEN DOES THE SDG MASTERCLASS TAKE PLACE?
This SDG Masterclass EN will start in Brussels, location TBA.
On-site sessions will take place from 13h30 to 17h30, online sessions from 14h until 17h.
- Tuesday April 25, Brussels (hybrid)
- Tuesday May 16, online
- Tuesday June 6, online
- Tuesday June 27, Brussels (hybrid)
PARTICIPANT CONDITIONS AND PRIZES:
Every organisation is required to register on time. The following prices apply to the registration of one participant, the second participant from the same organisation can participate free of charge. Each subsequent participant from the same organisation receives a 25% discount.
- Medium and large enterprises (according to the EU SME definition): EUR 3,500 (excl. VAT) with early booking discount, EUR 3,950 (excl. VAT) without early booking discount
- Government agencies and micro-enterprises: EUR 2,700 (excl. VAT) with early booking discount, EUR 3,000 (excl. VAT) without early booking discount
- Academic institutions: EUR 2,100 (excl. VAT) with early booking discount, EUR 2,370 (excl. VAT) without early booking discount
The early bird discount runs until March 31.
This price includes all four training sessions, slides and working materials from CIFAL Flanders, expertise from subject experts and the official ‘UNITAR Training Certificate for Participation’ upon completion.
You can register here for the SDG Masterclass (NL) until April 21, 2023. After registration, you will receive a confirmation e-mail with the privacy statement and general terms and conditions. After agreeing to these, you will receive payment details. The agenda and practical arrangements for the first session will be emailed to participants two weeks before the start of the SDG Masterclass.
COVID-19: When organising our training courses, we always take into account the measures in force. If these measures prohibit or discourage physical meetings, we will switch to online meetings.
Please note that only a limited number of places are available in the SDG Masterclass to maximise the interactivity of the training sessions.