- This event has passed.
UN Day 2017, Brussels
On Tuesday 24 October 2017, CIFAL Flanders | UNITAR hosted a High-Level Colloquium and Marketplace celebrating the 72nd anniversary of the United Nations.
This year’s edition was held in the context of the Global Science, Technology & Innovation Conferences (www.gstic.org), an initiative of VITO, the Flemish Institute for Technological Research.
15h30 Welcome and Marketplace UN Agencies in Brussels
16h30 High-Level Colloquium
Welcome and introduction by Dirk Fransaer, Managing Director VITO, the Flemish Institute for Technological Research
Presentations on the role of technology in achieving the SDGs
- Nikhil Seth,United Nations Assistant Secretary-General and Executive Director of United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
- Alexander De Croo, Belgian Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Development Cooperation, Digital Agenda, Telecommunications and Postal Services
- Yannick Glemarec,Assistant Secretary-General and Deputy Executive Director for Policy and Programme for UN Women
- Dr. Aisa Kirabo Kacyira, United Nations Assistant Secretary-General and Deputy Executive Director, UN-Habitat
Panel discussion on transfer of technology and the SDGs moderated by Francesca Vanthielen
17h35 Youth perspective: short presentations
- Sippora Zoutewelle, Dutch model and Bollywood actress
- Winner of the G-STIC Challenge
17h45 Keynote speech on the guiding role of SDGs for the future Sustainable Development System by Li Yong, Director-General, United Nations Industrial Development
18h00 Closing Words by Christine Vermylen, Secretary-General Argenta and Vice-Chair Board of Directors CIFAL Flanders
18h15 Networking drink
19h00 Closing time
When: Tuesday 24 October 2017
Where: Tour & Taxis, Havenlaan 86C, 1000 Brussels, Belgium
Registration is free of charge, but mandatory (before Monday 23 October 2017)
[pdf-embedder url=”https://cifal-flanders.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CIFAL-Flanders_Booklet-UN-Day-2017_2017-10-24-zonder-vvn.pdf” title=”CIFAL Flanders_Booklet UN Day 2017_2017 10 24 (zonder vvn)”]
SPEECH Christine Vermylen
Secretary-General Argenta and Vice-Chair Board of Directors CIFAL Flanders
[pdf-embedder url=”https://cifal-flanders.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/speech-Colloquium.pdf” title=”speech Colloquium”]
The Colloquium celebrating the United Nations Day is an initiative of CIFAL Flanders, in close collaboration with the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR), the Global Science, Technology & Innovation Conferences (G-STIC) and the United Nations Regional Information Centre (UNRIC) and with support of the Flemish Institute for Technological Research (VITO) and Brussels Airport.