This webinar will discuss the alignment of the European recovery plans with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
To recover from the COVID-19 crisis the EU will make €672.5 billion available through its Recovery and Resilience Facility. To benefit from the support of the Facility, Belgium and the other Member States will prepare recovery and resilience plans, which will be submitted by April 2021 in the framework of the European Semester. We will discuss the role of the SDGs in these plans, both for the EU as a whole, as for Belgium in particular.
- Jeffrey Sachs, President UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- Nikhil Seth, UN Assistant Secretary-General and Executive Director UNITAR
- Thomas Dermine, State Secretary for Recovery Program, Strategic Investments and Scientific Policy
- Veerle Nuyts, European Semester Officer and Member of the RECOVER Task Force of the European Commission
- María Cortés Puch, Vice President Networks, UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network
- Eloïse Bodin, Policy Analyst, Institute for European Environmental Policy
The webinar will be held in English. You can attend the event free of charge, but we ask you to register using this link.