- This event has passed.
Will Flemish cities be sustainable by 2030? And what role for entrepreneurs?
30-11-2015, 13:45 —18:30
On November 30, 2015 CIFAL Flanders co-organized the Action Learning Seminar “Smart & Sustainable Cities” in collaboration with the University of Antwerp. The seminar was organized on the first day of the COP21 (in full United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties 21). Furthermore, the seminar was part of the university’s Climate Week.
At this seminar, we focussed on the Urban Sustainable Development Goal and the link with smart cities and sustainable development, with a stress on the Flemish context.
The keynotes UN Habitat (Rafael Tuts, Coordinator of Urban Planning and Design Branch) and iMinds (Davor Meersman, ‘City of Things’ Lead) respectively shed light on the Urban SDG and the concept of Smart Cities. Furthermore, eight cases were shown on how businesses, governments and companies can contribute to a secure, resilient and sustainable city.
- CIFAL Flanders ‘Intro Smart & Sustainable Cities’, Peter Wollaert (PDF 9MB)
- UN Habitat ‘Urban SDG’, Raf Tuts (PDF 3,7MB)
- iMinds ‘City of Things’, Davor Meersman (PDF 4,7MB)
- Stad Antwerpen, Iris Gommers (PDF 1,6MB)
- Stadslab 2050, Gert Vandermosten (weblink)
- Blue Gate Antwerp, Guido Muelenaer (PDF 2,8MB)
- Traxio, Philippe Decrock (PDF 5,4MB)
- Arcadis ‘Sustainable Cities Index’, Rik Menten (PDF 7,1MB)
- ECOPRA Caffungi, Ahad Eshghzey (PDF 6kB)
- Tapazz, Maarten Kooiman (PDF 10,3MB)
- De Landgenoten, Adje Van Oekelen (PDF 6kB)